Natural-looking waves are the perfect way to capture laid-back, rustic wedding vibes. Even if blue skies seem a world away, you can inject carefree boho style into your everyday look with some gorgeous natural waves.
Forget a sleek and silky mane, boho waves are tousled and messy. If you have super-straight locks, your hair routine needs to add some serious texture to your strands before you begin to style.
Check out some of our beautiful boho brides here! Here are our top tips to achieve the best boho look.
- Wash and condition hair as per your normal routine and prior to drying, apply some heat protectant and a little mousse to give your hair some textured grip.
- Rough dry your hair, no need to straighten it.
- Using a large barrel tong, start rolling sections of hair to create your waves leaving the ends out for that extra ‘carefree’ look. Gemma’s Top Tip: avoid going in the same direction with your waves if you want create interest in the style and ensure that not all of the curls are uniform.
- Once you’ve waved all of your hair, gently run your fingers through to relax it into the perfect style. Tease the crown slightly to add volume.
- Give your hair a good all-over blast with a good hairspray to lock in the style and give you piece of mind that it’ll stay put.
- Why not accessorise with a beautiful hair pin?
Gemma’s Top Tip: If you have very soft or fine hair that tends not to hold well, add a little dry shampoo for extra grip and hold.
And there you have it! Beautiful Boho waves in a few simple steps.
Gemma and her Pro Team aim to make brides feel the absolute best version of themselves for their wedding day, one of the most important day of their lives.
Perfect your boho goddess look with Gemma Sutton Hair and Make Up Artists by getting in touch today.
Makeup and Hair - Gemma Sutton
Photographer - Marianne Taylor