When it comes to wedding day hair, you’ve probably thought about what style you’d like to opt for. However, in getting caught up in the excitement, what you may not take into consideration is that the hairstyle of your dreams may in fact not be the best one to suit your face shape!
When you’ve got your wedding photos for life, you want to make sure you’re doing the most to flatter your features.
A common question posed to Gemma by many brides is what they should consider when choosing a hairstyle. There’s a number of factors – the dress, jewellery, the wedding theme and more – but Gemma thinks it’s just as important to consider your face shape. Yep – that gorgeous thing you see when you look at yourself in the mirror!
I spoke to Gemma about this, who said: “Choosing the right hairstyle for your face shape is so important. You have to know how to work with your features. There are so many hairstyle to suit every face - we’ll talk it all through at your trial to get it right.”
How can you tell if you have a round face?
If you have a round face, it is probably as wide as it is long, with more fullness around the cheekbones and maybe a wider hairline and smaller chin. Here’s some celebrity inspiration for a round face: the beautiful Miranda Kerr and Chrissy Teigen!
Take a look at the tips below and you’ll be on your way to finding the perfect hairstyle that you know will flatter you from every angle.
Are you almost ready to book a trial? Read our post on mistakes to avoid when planning your wedding hair and makeup.
Gemma’s do’s and don’ts for bridal hair on round faces
- Opt for having your hair down in a loose style, preferably with loose strands pulled out of the style to create a carefree vibe
- A voluminous look that includes height at the front will help lengthen and elongate the face
- A side swept long fringe can really work to break up the roundness and flatter the shape of your face!
- Opt for a super straight or sleek do, as this can make the face appear rounder
- Have a short, straight-across fringe as part of your do, as this will make the face appear smaller, and again rounder.
If you enjoyed this post, Gemma has also written some words on the best bridal headpieces to suit your face shape!